Jeremy Kyle is set to return to the spotlight one year after his controversial show was axed from ITV.
The Jeremy Kyle Show was taken off air after one of his guests, Steve Dymond, died by suicide after appearing on the show.
But the 54-year-old is ready to ‘have his say’, with his new agent revealing the news on social media.
Claire Powell, who also manages Peter Andre, announced Kyle is back to set the record straight.
She wrote on Instagram: “So pleased to welcome the very talented and very real … Jeremy Kyle exclusively to @the_can_group For 14 years, Jeremy Kyle dominated Daytime TV with his hugely successful eponymous talk show.
“He’s also proved a hit in prime time, fronting five successful series of his investigative current affairs brand, The Kyle Files.. Jeremy’s runaway UK success was the catalyst for two syndicated US series as well as stints presenting two other ITV juggernauts This Morning and Good Morning Britain.”
The post continues: “Jeremy first came to prominence as a Sony Award-winning radio host who changed the game at BRMB, Virgin Radio, Capital FM, talkSPORT and talkRADIO. Known for his honest, engaging opinions, Jeremy has also authored numerous columns for The Sun and a bestselling book for Hodder & Stoughton.
“A committed father and family man, he’s also a cancer survivor who has miraculously just welcomed a new son (and grandson!) into the world. And after a year spent battling the unimaginable consequences of a devastating tragedy, Jeremy Kyle will be back soon to have his say: WATCH THIS SPACE!”
Will you be happy to see Jeremy Kyle back on our screens?
Piers Morgan hit with 312 Ofcom complaints on GMB in just four days
Some more negative attention for Piers…
Piers Morgan has racked up 312 Ofcom complaints over just four days on Good Morning Britain.
On June 23rd, as his co-host Susanna Reid tried to read a statement from the Department of Health, Piers blocked her from doing so. This came after government ministers had boycotted the ITV programme for more than 60 days, refusing to be interviewed.
This clash received 221 complaints on the day, and the rest followed in the days after.
Piers interrupted her mid-sentence with ‘I’m sorry, why have we got to read this?’ and as she tried to continue to speak he said: “If the government won’t come on the programme, why should we read their wishy washy statement?”
“If they want to have their statement read, come on the show.”
Susanna then asked if she could read the statement and Piers replied with a firm ‘no’. He angrily said: “If they’re boycotting us, I am going to boycott their stupid little statements”.
Despite Susanna explaining that he didn’t need to read the statement and that she would, attempting to read it once again, Piers put his fingers in ears and shouted: “Why should we read government statements if they can’t be bothered to come on the show?
“It’s not happening – not on my watch.”
According to Ofcom, there were a further 91 complaints spread over three other days, June 24th, June 26th and June 29th, with 62, 15 and 14 complaints on each day respectively.
Piers has also been slammed by viewers for having a pint at 6:38am in the morning during the hosting of Good Morning Britain.
According to Ofcom, he received eight whole complaints. Piers replied with an Instagram post captioned: “BOOM! First pint of Harvey’s in 4 months! Who cares it’s only 6:42am… and I’ve got 2 more hours of live TV.”
But people were not happy with this response with one user responding: “Drinking beer while you are at work you should be sacked”.
Shaun Ryder and Bez hit with 200 Ofcom complaints on Celebrity Gogglebox
Did you watch it?
Ofcom has received more than 200 complaints from viewers watching Shaun Ryder and Bez on Celebrity Gogglebox.
The popular TV show hosted a celebrity special with Happy Monday stars Shaun Ryder and Bez featuring on it. Since the programme started earlier this month, the TV regulator Ofcom has been receiving complaints regarding jokes made around drugs.
On last Friday’s episode, Shaun said: “My chat up line used to be, ‘Do you want a line?”.
They then went onto joke bout ounces and eighths when speaking about plans to reduce social distancing, with Shaun saying he didn’t know how far a metre was.
He quipped: “I know how many grams are in an ounce”, before Bez warned: “You should keep that knowledge to yourself, mate.”
They then went onto discuss their own experiences with drugs while watching the Al Pacino classic, Scarface.
“When this film came out the cocaine in the country was absolutely sh*t,” Shaun said.
Meanwhile, Bez quipped: “If it was me and my first deal went like that, I wouldn’t bother again. It goes to show, don’t do business with people you don’t know.”
While many of the complaints were about Shaun and Bez’s drug comments, a hefty amount were regarding the lack of social distancing.
The production company, Studio Lambert, behind Gogglebox have altered the way they film the show by getting the cast to operate their own cameras.
Celebrity Gogglebox returns next Friday at 9pm on Channel 4.
Mamma Mia! creator says a third film is on the cards
Gimme gimme gimme!
The creator behind one of the best musicals ever has announced another film is on the cards, which would make it arguably the best trilogy to ever exist.
Mamma Mia! first thrilled us when it graced our screens in 2008 and then had us all whipping out the flares again with the sequel, Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, in 2018.
But now, Judy Craymer, producer and co-creator of the films, has hinted at another movie saying that the Mamma Mia! franchise ‘is meant to be a trilogy’.
Some of you might be complaining but most of us are rejoicing. Life is too short to pretend you don’t like ABBA, kids.
It looks like even the big creative geniuses have been struggling with lack of concentration in lockdown just like the rest of us.
When speaking to the Daily Mail Judy said: “I was meant to have been getting on with that [a third movie], in my head, during these months. But then I got hit with Covid fog.
“I think one day there will be another film because there’s meant to be a trilogy, you see. I know Universal would like me to do it.”
Judy also said they might be using the new songs from Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus which have been created for a virtual concert and are expected to drop in September 2020.
On top of that, Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again is expected to be turned into a stage play like the original Mamma Mia which was absolutely fantastic.
If you can’t wait to hear Colin and Pierce’s singing voice until then, set aside 1 hour and 54 minutes this Friday, June 26th, because Mamma Mia Here We Go Again is coming to Netflix UK.
And if you can’t even wait until Friday, get that soundtrack on NOW, you Dancing Queen you!