If your New Year’s resolution is to be healthier in 2020, then this massive inflatable obstacle course is the one for you.
Combining a 5k run and massive inflatables, Gung Ho! is returning to Heaton Park for the 5th year running this spring.
And don’t worry if the idea of running 5km is putting you off, you can always walk parts of it with your mates – the most important thing is you have fun.
You’ll run, walk, jump, climb, dodge and slide your way through the assault course, which takes inspiration from classic TV shows like Total Wipeout and It’s A Knockout.
On the course you’ll tackle a range of massive obstacles, including ‘The Wall’ and ‘Danger Zone’, before conquering the Final Countdown to successfully complete the whole thing.
Gung Ho! is perfect for families, friends and colleagues, and you can all take part together. The only stipulation is you must be at least 4ft tall to take part.
It’s happening on Saturday April 4th, and early bird registration is currently still open, with entry costing just £27 until 11.59pm on Monday January 6th.
For your entry fee you’ll get a bib with your race number, plus a Gung-Ho! t-shirt and headband.
Head over to the website here to register now!
Glastonbury cancelled for the second year running due to coronavirus
Glastonbury Festival has officially been cancelled for the second year running.
It will no longer take place in 2021 due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The news was announced on the festival’s official Twitter page today, Thursday January 21st.
The post said: “With great regret, we must announce that this year’s Glastonbury Festival will not take place.
“And that this will be another enforced fallow year for us. Tickets for this year will roll over to next year. Full statement below and on our website. Michael & Emily.”
Organiser Emily Eavis told the BBC last month that she hoped the festival could still happen, despite ‘huge uncertainty’ surrounding live music at the moment.
She said: “We’re doing everything we can on our end to plan and prepare, but I think we’re still quite a long way from being able to say we’re confident 2021 will go ahead.”
A huge first-of-its-kind live entertainment venue is opening in Manchester this year
A fantastic new addition to our city
A new ‘first-of-its-kind’ entertainment venue is set to open this year in Manchester.
The one-stop destination will see a combination of live music, events, entertainment, food, drink and socialising all in the venue.
Canvas will be home to three different areas: Canvas Kitchen, Canvas Club and Canvas Events.
The development will take place at Circle Square and have space for 100 in Canvas Kitchen and a further 400 people in the live music and events space.
The venue will be open from 7am until 4am every single day meaning you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and even a night out all in one place.
You’re guaranteed to be in good hands too with the team behind Canvas Manchester responsible for the likes of Hammersmith Apollo, Brixton Academy and G-A-Y Manchester.
The calendar for events is expected to be well-rounded with the likes of wellbeing events, room for social activism, plus gigs, networking events and workshops.
Gavin Aldrich, CEO at BeSixth, said of the new development: “We’ll be in the heart of a thriving, city centre neighbourhood that brings together people from all walks of life – be it students, shoppers, business owners or academics – and it’s this community that makes us confident Circle Square will be the perfect destination to launch Canvas Manchester.”
Tom Renn, Managing Director of Bruntwood SciTech – Manchester added: “Our ambition for Circle Square was always to create a destination – a place that would bring people together morning, day and night and a place that would become part of the fabric of the city. Somewhere tourists and innovators would see as a must-visit when coming to Manchester.
Adding: “The live music industry has understandably suffered as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, but where better to drive its resurgence than in the ‘City that thinks a table is for dancing on’?”
Bez is launching his own lockdown fitness classes called Get Buzzin’ With Bez
He wants to inspire the nation like Joe Wicks
Bez is set to launch his very own fitness classes online to see everyone through lockdown.
The Happy Mondays maraca-shaking dancer is releasing his own series of classes called ‘Get Buzzing With Bez’, as he attempts to shift his own lockdown weight.
The classes will launch on January 17th showing Bez being trained by a fitness instructor, something he’s describing as ‘somewhere between Joe Wicks and Mr Motivator’.
He said: “I’d like to think I’m somewhere between Joe Wicks and Mr Motivator. I’ve started this new year seriously unfit, with a fat belly and creaky hips, and I can’t stop eating chocolate.
“Last lockdown I got unfit, fat, lazy and into some seriously bad eating habits.
“This year, this lockdown, I need to sort it out sharpish.”
He added that people can join him ‘on this mad journey or just sit on the sofa and have a good laugh at me’.
He added: “At the very least, I know I’ll be making people smile, at best I’ll be helping people get fit and mentally happier alongside me.”
SIGN US UP.
Get Buzzin’ With Bez is launching over on YouTube on Sunday January 17th, with Bez encouraging us to get active every week for three months.