The popular seaside Splash Park in Lytham St Annes has reopened in time for the six week summer holidays.
With temperatures continuing to soar during this heatwave, families and their youngsters will be able to cool down at the Splash zone in Lytham St Annes’ Promenade Gardens.
The attraction – which is completely free to use and enjoy – is situated in the former disused paddling pool area, which is surrounded by amphitheatre style seating and modern landscaping.
There are a number of interactive water play features within the park, which accommodates children aged three to twelve.
These include in-ground jets, above ground features for toddlers and large above ground features for juniors. There is also a jet zone on the right of the splash pad, which produces a shallow splash zone, allowing the toddlers who are less confident with water to have a calm experience without getting sprayed or overwhelmed.
Earlier this week, the Splash Park announced on its official Facebook page that it will be reopening tomorrow, Friday July 23rd, where it will be open daily from 10am until 4pm until September 24th.
Demand is high for fun in the sun, however, so families have been advised to book a time slot in advance to avoid disappointment.
Families are also warned to arrive at the park prepared as there are no changing rooms or facilities – though there are public toilets nearby that cost 20p to use.
Refreshments including ice-creams, lollies and cold drinks will also be on sale near the site throughout the summer.
Sessions will be taking place at 10am, 11:15am, 12:30pm, 1:45pm and 3pm, and will each last for an hour.
Sessions for children under the age of five will run at 10am on Mondays, and sessions for children with disabilities and special educational needs will run at 10am on Tuesdays.
For more information and to book your own session, visit the website here.
N-Dubz are reuniting with new music and a huge Manchester gig
Nearly a decade on, N-Dubz are back…
N-Dubz are making a much-awaited comeback ten years after their split with a new single and nationwide arena tour.
The trio rose to fame in 2007 with hits like ‘I Need You’, ‘Ouch’ and ‘Playing With Fire’, but announced their split just a few years later in 2011, with singer Tulisa Contostavlos blaming bandmate Dappy for being the reason of the break up.
But now, over a decade on, it has been announced that the band are making their comeback with their new single ‘Charmer’, set to be premiered on BBC 1 Xtra on Thursday evening.
A spokesperson for the band said: “‘Charmer’ is instantly recognisable as an N-Dubz song, featuring their trademark storytelling via the slick raps of Dappy and Fazer, alongside the sassy vocals of Tulisa.”
And along with the news of their new single, it has also been announced that N-Dubz will be embarking upon a nationwide arena tour, with them scheduled to play ten shows across the UK, including at Manchester’s AO Arena.
Speaking of the tour, a source close to the band told The Sun: “It’s going to be massive. They have seen all the success other groups have enjoyed coming back and want a piece of the action.
“They have been trying things out in the studio for ages but finally things have fallen into place.”
The Back To The Future tour will begin on November 7th in Newcastle, and finish in Manchester on Saturday November 19th.
Other locations during the tour include Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham and Glasgow.
Tickets will go on sale from 10am on Friday May 20th. Get yours here.
N-Dubz consists of rappers Dappy, real name Costadinos Contostavlos, his cousin Tulisa Contostavlos and Fazer, real name Richard Rawson.
The band have won four Mobo awards, including best newcomer in 2007, Best Album and Best Act in 2009 and Best Song in 2010 and were nominated for the Brit award for Best British Single in 2010.
The Manchester Day Parade is BACK for the first time in two years
The council are on the look out for a team of enthusiastic volunteers to help with the festivites
Thousands of people will take to the streets next month as part of the iconic Manchester Day, a huge celebration of the city, its people and its culture.
After a two year hiatus thanks to the Covid pandemic, Manchester Day is set to make its grand return on Sunday June 19th, along with the legendary Manchester Day Parade, which will weave its way through the city throughout the day.
And in preparation for the big day, the council are now looking for ‘dedicated and enthusiastic’ volunteers to help bring the streets to life during the celebrations.
According to the council, volunteers will be right in the heart of the action, and will have behind-the-scenes access and a vital role in pulling off the Manchester Day celebrations.
Their responsibilities will include setting up the parade, helping visitors find their way across the event and assisting the creatives involved.
Volunteers will be positioned at various spots across the city, and will be assisted by a Team Leader who’ll be available to help them throughout the day.
Roles available include Wayfinding Volunteers, Participant Support Volunteers and Creative Volunteers to help ensure the parade runs smoothly.
The Chair of Manchester Day Councillor Pat Karney said on the return of the event: “It’s great that Manchester Day is returning to the city.
“Manchester Day’s success relies on the passion of our thousands of volunteers who dedicate their time each year. The day would not be the same without the enthusiasm of our army of volunteers.
“I can’t wait to see people get involved in the parade – if this is your first Manchester Day, I can guarantee you’re going to love it!”
Manchester Day was created in 2010 with the aim to celebrate the city’s creativity and diversity, and has since become one of the North West’s flagship events of the summer.
Each year, the celebration welcomes 1,500 performers and artists from local communities and an audience of more than 60,000.
Manchester Day will take place on Sunday 19th June 2022. Applications to volunteer are open until 31st May. For more information on how to get involved, click here.
The Lion King musical is finally coming back to Manchester’s Palace Theatre this year
After a postponed tour, The Lion King is finally coming back to Manchester…
Disney’s multi award-winning musical The Lion King will be making its highly-anticipated return to Manchester this year.
The show was supposed to embark upon its UK tour last year but, thanks to various Covid restrictions still in force, it had no choice but to postpone.
But now, after a couple of date changes, it has been confirmed that The Lion King will enjoy a three-month residency at Manchester’s Palace Theatre this Autumn.
The production is made up of over fifty actors, singers and dancers, and uses over 200 life-size puppets to tell the iconic tale of Simba’s journey as he enters adulthood and reclaims his title as King.
The Lion King’s stage adaptation was initially brought to life by Julie Taymor in 1997 and has since gone on to become one of the most successful Broadway performances of all time, with it having twenty-five global productions performed in nine different languages.
The show has been watched by a global audience of over 100 million in over 100 cities in twenty countries – sixteen million here in the UK alone.
As a part of its UK & Ireland 2022 tour, The Lion King will be taking over Manchester’s Palace Theatre, located down Oxford Street, from October 27th, 2022 – December 24th, 2022.
The tickets for the show, which runs for two hours and thirty minutes, are priced from £20, and are on sale now.