Connect with us
https://propermanchester.com.temp.link/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/secret-suppers-advert.jpg

TV & Film

Line of Duty’s Martin Compston is coming to Stockport to film a new crime drama

Mother of god

Avatar photo

Published

on

BBC

If you’re already missing Line of Duty, which finished last Sunday with a final episode that divided opinion among viewers, then we’ve got some good news.

Line of Duty’s Martin Compston is coming to Greater Manchester to film a new crime drama on Monday.

Compston is coming to Stockport to film the new series of Traces, a show following the team behind SIFA (the Scottish Institute of Forensic Science and Anatomy) as they investigate a bomb plot.

As well as Compston, the series will also star Molly Windsor and Laura Fraser – who played Lydia Rodarte-Quayle in Breaking Bad and its spin-off series Better Call Saul.

BBC

Traces producers, in a letter sent to local residents and businesses, said: “As part of the economic recovery, filming on location is allowed to proceed, provided government guidance surrounding work activities is observed and industry guidelines are adhered to.

“We want to reassure you that our work is in line with the government guidance and has been approved in consultation with all relevant authorities.”

Filming for the second series of the BBC show will happen around Stockport town centre, beginning at The Arden Arms on Millgate at 8am on Monday.

Next the action will head to Great Underbank, followed by Freedmans clothes hire on Little Underbank, before heading to The Angel Inn at Market Place later in the day.

Mike Pennington / Geograph

While the first series of Traces told the story of Emma, a young forensic lab assistant who discovered the truth behind a fictitious case study with links to her past, the second promises to ramp up the stakes with the bomb storyline.

The letter says: “While Emma and Daniel anxiously await Phil McAfee’s murder trial, a series of homemade bombs go off in Dundee.

“The targets make no sense. The only clues they have about the bomber are the bombs themselves.”

The new series is set to be released later this year, and you can catch the first series on BBC iPlayer now.

TV & Film

Ant and Dec confirm new I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here show in South Africa

The new version of the series will air next year

Avatar photo

Published

on

Ant and Dec / Twitter

Ant and Dec have announced that there will be a new version of I’m A Celebrity held in South Africa. 

Sharing the exciting news onto Twitter, the Geordie duo said the new series would feature a selection of ‘favourite celebrities from the last twenty years’ brought together in a brand new setting.

In their announcement video posted onto social media, Dec said: “It’s probably the worst kept secret in television, but we can confirm we’re doing a very special series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in South Africa!”

Showing off the South African scenery behind him, Dec added: “We’re here, it’s going to be your favourite celebrities from the last twenty years who are going back in to do it one more time.”

Ant and Dec said in their caption that the series would be ‘coming to your tellies’ at some point in 2023. 

No specific names from the past twenty years of I’m A Celebrity have been confirmed for the special show, though announcements are expected in the coming months.

Their announcement comes after it was confirmed that the show, which sees celebrities camp out and take part in notorious ‘bush tucker trials’, will be returning to the Australian jungle for its 2022 series.

The series has been set in Gwrych Castle in Wales for the last two years as a result of Australia’s strict Covid-19 travel restrictions, but now Australia’s borders are open the show will be heading back down under, ITV announced earlier this year.

ITV

ITV’s director of content Rosemary Newell confirmed the news to The Mirror, saying in a statement: “We expect I’m A Celebrity to return in Australia in November, when it will generate audience over 11 million.”

Ant and Dec had previously expressed their own hopes for the series to return to its original Australian location, with Dec telling The One Show: “We love Wales but you know, Australia is its home and we’d like to get back there if we can.”

I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here first aired in 2002, where it was filmed in Tully, Queensland. It then moved to Murwillumbah, New South Wales, where it remained until the Covid pandemic.

Continue Reading

TV & Film

First look at ‘terrifying’ new Netflix horror series from Haunting of Hill House creator

The ten-part series will follow a group of young people living in a hospice as they search for signs of life after death

Avatar photo

Published

on

Netflix

Netflix has released the trailer for its brand new horror series courtesy of the creator of Haunting of Hill House.

The Midnight Club is based on the 1994 novel of the same title by Christopher Pike, and will tell the chilling tale of a gang of young adults all living together in a hospice.

The group meet up every night in the library to tell each other sinister stories, as well as look out for signs of life after death.

One night, the friends make a pact to make contact from beyond the grave once they’ve passed away from their terminal illnesses – but when one of the group does die, strange happenings begin to occur within the hospice.

Netflix

Netflix’s official synopsis for the ten-part series reads: “At a hospice for terminally ill young adults, eight patients come together every night at midnight to tell each other stories – and make a pact that the next of them to die will give the group a sign from the beyond.”

The series has been produced, directed and written by The Haunting of Hill House writer Mike Flanagan and The Haunting of Bly Manor writer Leah Fong.

Actors include Adia, Igby Rigney, Ruth Codd, Aya Furukawa, Annarah Shephard, William Chris Sumpter and Sauriyan Sapkota, with Heather Langenkamp as the enigmatic doctor presiding over Rotterdam Home.

Flanagan said at the start of the year that he had ‘been dreaming of this project’ since he was a teenager. 

He tweeted back in February: “I’ve been dreaming of this project since I was a teenager, and I cannot wait to embark on yet another adventure with my @intrepid partner in crime (and television) Trevor Macy, as well as the fantastic crew we’ve been cultivating.”

As well as his work on The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor, Flanagan is also celebrated for his adaptations of Stephen King’s Gerald’s Game and Doctor Sleep, the chilling sequel to The Shining.

The Midnight Club will be released on Netflix next month on October 7th. 

Continue Reading

TV & Film

Stephen Graham to play former Neo Nazi in new ITV true crime drama

The series will tell the true story of the infiltration of a Neo Nazi group

Avatar photo

Published

on

Stephen Graham will star in a new ITV crime drama telling the true story of how a Neo-Nazi group’s plan to kill an MP was foiled by an inside man.

The Walk In will see Graham take on the leading role of Matthew Collins, a reformed Neo Nazi working as a journalist for anti-racist organisation Hope not Hate.

In the five-part series, set to air next month, Collins will attempt to stop the radicalisation of young white men before it begins.

In order to do this, he identifies a Far Right Neo Nazi group marking itself out with a youthful clean-cut image, but hell bent on creating a race war.

ITV

His aim is to infiltrate such organisations by running moles, or walk-ins, with the goal of publishing information online about their activities to expose and fracture them.  

Despite repeated attempts, however, Collins wasn’t able to break into this particular group. Consequently, they continued to grow in strength, which eventually led to the horrific murder of MP Jo Cox. 

Although the marches and the social media posts stopped, Collins knew the group would only have been driven underground and that he had probably lost all chance of getting information from within.

But in March 2017, he received an email from someone claiming to be a member; a mole ready to talk about a horrific plan to murder a second MP. 

The series, written by acclaimed screenwriter Jeff Pope and directed by BAFTA award winning Paul Andrew Williams, has been billed as an explosive state-of-the-world series that ‘explores some of the most critical and relevant issues of modern times including racism, freedom of speech and terrorism’. 

This isn’t the first time Graham has worked with Pope, with the actor appearing in Little Boy Blue, an ITV drama about the murder of Rhys Jones in Croxteth and subsequent police investigation.

The Walk In will air from Monday October 3rd, with the remaining four episodes then being shown weekly.

All episodes will be available as a boxset drop on the ITV Hub following the first episode.

Continue Reading

Receive our latest news, events & unique stories

Privacy and data policy

We may earn a commission when you use one of our links to make a purchase

Copyright © 2022 Manchester's Finest Group