Connect with us
https://propermanchester.com.temp.link/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/secret-suppers-advert.jpg

TV & Film

Good Morning Britain shows footage of migrant boat crossing English Channel live on air

It’s caused huge debate.

Published

on

ITV

Good Morning Britain viewers were left shocked by the programme showing footage of a migrant boat crossing the Channel. 

The segment saw GMB correspondent Jonathan Swain on a boat 10 miles off the coast, reporting about boats carrying migrants.

The small dinghy had around 10 men in it, and as Jonathan explained was the ‘fourth or fifth’ boat making the crossing this morning. 

The boat had been shadowed by French border control forces before being left to UK Border Force as it entered English waters. 

Jonathan was seen shouting to the men asking if they were ‘ok’ as they could be seen frantically scooping water out of the water.

A concerned Kate Garraway said: “I don’t know if you can see it from where you are, but when the camera zoomed in we could see the boat was sitting very low in the water.

“They all looked quite wet and in fact someone on the port side was bailing out water.

“I don’t think that boat is meant to hold that many people, is it?”

Jonathan explained that she was indeed right, but these migrants would have paid between five and six thousand pounds to make the journey to British shores. 

He said: “No, it’s not. They will have left at first light. These are men who will have paid five or six thousand pounds to be on board.

“There are strict rules here, we can’t intervene. We have informed the Coast Guard. The Border Force are on the water. They seem to be okay.”

Understandably this has left many viewers feeling shocked and angry due to the coverage. 

Many have taken to Twitter to express their concerns, with one user writing: “Cannot believe what I’m watching”.

Another while: “Wtf is going on, on #gmb watching illegal migrants cross the channel,” while one viewer added: “What is wrong with GMB”.

TV & Film

BBC confirms Line of Duty is returning this month for series six

Can’t wait!

Published

on

BBC

The BBC has confirmed when Line of Duty will return to our screens for season six and fans can’t wait.

A 15-second teaser of the BBC drama Line of Duty has been revealed and fans were left buzzing when they realised it’s not too much longer to wait. 

The much-loved drama will be heading to screens this month on Sunday March 21st at 9pm!

The highly anticipated sixth series was teased in a tiny clip featuring Adrian Dunbar returning as Superintendent Ted Hastings, Vicky McClure as DI Kate Fleming and Martin Compston as DS Steve Arnott.

A new recruit has also been confirmed for the series in the Anti-Corruption Unit 12 played by Shalom Brune-Franklin as DC Chloe Bishop. 

The upcoming series will be the longest ever with one additional episode, making it seven instead of six. 

Fans on Twitter simply cannot contain their excitement. One wrote: “The music just gives you goosebumps and gets your heart racing.”

While a second added: “The best programme on TV! Watched it faithfully since the 1st series when it was on BBC2.”

A third said: “Nothing else matters but Line of Duty,”

The new series will also feature actress Kelly Macdonald guest starring as Detective Chief Inspector Joanne Davidson. Davidson is a senior investigating officer on an unsolved murder case.

Who’s excited?! 

Continue Reading

TV & Film

Gogglebox’s Tom Malone Jr responds to rumours about why he left the show

He’s now left the show

Published

on

Channel 4

Tom Malone Jr confirmed yesterday that he’s leaving Gogglebox, after becoming a firm favourite on the show alongside his very Mancunian family.

Tom took to Twitter to announce that he is leaving Gogglebox for good, thanking Channel 4 and Studio Lambert for his time on the popular show.

The 26-year-old is part of the much-loved Malone family from Manchester, who joined Gogglebox back in 2014, with dad Tom Senior and mum Julie starring alongside Tom Jr and Shaun.

Tom Sr and Julie have two more children, Lee and Vanessa, although the older siblings have never appeared on the show.

While Tom Jr has officially departed the show, he confirmed that his family will remain on Gogglebox for future seasons – much to everyone’s delight.

He announced the news on Twitter, saying: “So after six years it’s finally time to put down the remote and say goodbye to Gogglebox.

“I’ve loved every minute and I’m eternally grateful to Channel 4 and Studio Lambert for allowing me to be a part of the show. But new opportunities are knocking on the door and it’s time to explore them.

“I look forward to enjoying the show as a viewer and not having to worry about having said something stupid! P.S. Don’t worry my parents and my brother will still be on the show to keep you guys entertained every Friday.”

He later returned to Twitter to respond to rumours about why he left the show, tweeting: “Just to clear a few things up: I didn’t ‘Quit’ the show… I left on good terms.

“My girlfriend never even wanted to be on the show and had nothing to do with me leaving. I wasn’t scared to say something stupid.

“Anyone spouting these narratives are spreading fabrications.”

While Tom has yet to reveal what new opportunities he’ll be exploring, his dance career is on the up so there’s likely a very bright future ahead of him, and we wish him all the best.

Gogglebox is returning to our screens for a new series tonight at 9pm on Channel 4.

Continue Reading

TV & Film

Married at First Sight is looking for single Mancunians for the new UK series

Fancy it?

Published

on

mafs/Instagram

Married at First Sight UK is looking for single Mancunians for the new series!

The Australian version of the show has been providing much entertainment for many throughout lockdown with shocking reveals and endless drama.

Now, the series is returning to the UK – and you can apply! 

Normally, in the past five series of Married at First Sight UK, the programme follows the couples separately on their journey to meeting each other. Then, we follow their first meeting on the aisle, their honeymoon and finally if they decide to stay married. 

However, the sixth season is set to be a little different. 

Leaning more towards the Australian format, the couples will no longer take part in a legally binding marriage and instead have a commitment ceremony. 

The new series will also move to E4 from Channel 4 and undergo a huge makeover. 

A statement by E4 explained: “Following the Australian format, rather than legal marriages, the couples will make a lifelong commitment to one another at a glamorous ceremony, overseen by a wedding celebrant, that includes guests, bridal gowns, dancing, speeches and cake.

“After the ceremony and celebrations are over, true love is well and truly put to the test, as they embark on a luxurious honeymoon, before moving in with each other AND their fellow couples.

“Relationships will be put under the microscope, by fellow brides and grooms at weekly dinner parties – as well as by the experts, at recurring commitment ceremonies, where couples choose whether they want to stay in or leave the process.

“All this and more will build to a dramatic series finale: glossy, high-stakes vow renewals, in which each couple must decide if they will recommit to their partner or go their separate ways.”

Lee McMurray, Commissioning Editor, Factual Entertainment, said: “I’m thrilled to be refreshing one of the portfolio’s most popular brands for E4, bringing extra scale and ambition to what is already one of the most audacious and provocative experiments on television, and delivering what we hope will be the most exciting series yet.”

If you’re single and willing to take on the thorough application process which includes a headshot and video, you can apply here.

Applications are closing soon so be quick!

Continue Reading

Receive our latest news, events & unique stories

Privacy and data policy

We may earn a commission when you use one of our links to make a purchase

Copyright © 2019 Proper Manchester