Connect with us
https://propermanchester.com.temp.link/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/secret-suppers-advert.jpg

TV & Film

Gogglebox will be covering Meghan Markle interview and Piers Morgan storming off GMB tonight

Will you be watching?

Published

on

Channel 4

It’s been a big week in the world of TV, what with the Meghan Markle and Prince Harry interview AND Piers Morgan storming off Good Morning Britain in the aftermath.

And what better way to reflect on this than with all your favourite Goggleboxers (if that’s even a word), as the show will be covering both incidents tonight.

Gogglebox will be on at its usual time on Channel 4 tonight, and Guardian TV critic Scott Bryan has confirmed that both of these big events will be covered.

The drama began at the start of the week, when Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey aired in the US on Sunday, and then in the UK on Monday night.

In it Meghan revealed some bombshell claims, including that the Royal Family were concerned about her baby Archie’s skin colour prior to his birth.

She also revealed that she had experienced suicidal thoughts.

Piers Morgan, who had already taken it upon himself to call out everything Meghan did, wasn’t impressed with the interview, saying that he didn’t believe her on Good Morning Britain. 

ITV

He said: “I’m angry to the point of boiling over today, I’m sickened by what I’ve just had to watch.

“This is a two-hour trashathon of our Royal Family, of the monarchy, of everything the Queen has worked so hard for, and it’s all being done as Prince Philip lies in hospital. They trash everybody.”

He continued: “They basically make out the entire Royal Family are a bunch of white supremacists, by dropping this race bombshell… They didn’t name which one it was, they just throw it out there, so it could be any member of the Royal Family.

“And Harry says, ‘I’ll never say who it was.’ Well, you better say it fast.”

Good Morning Britain / ITV

But it was Piers’ dismissal of Meghan’s suicidal thoughts that caused the biggest backlash, with viewers and mental health charities calling him out, as well as his colleague Alex Beresford.

Alex said: “This is absolutely diabolical behaviour.

“Piers spouts off on a regular basis and we all have to sit and listen. Six thirty to seven o’clock yesterday was incredibly hard to watch – incredibly hard to watch.”

After Alex called him out on his behaviour, Piers then chose to storm off set, and it was confirmed by ITV later in the day that the presenter would no longer be co-hosting GMB.

If you want to relive the drama, Gogglebox will air tonight on Channel 4 at 9pm.

TV & Film

ITV confirms The X Factor has been scrapped after 17 years

The end of an era…

Published

on

ITV

Iconic ITV show The X Factor has been scrapped after 17 long years on our screens.

The talent show has entertained the nation since 2004, however ITV has now confirmed that there’s ‘no plans’ for it to return.

The X Factor was created by Simon Cowell back in 2004 but hasn’t aired since 2018.

ITV said in a statement: “There are no current plans for the next series of The X Factor at this stage.”

However, a source revealed the show might not be permanently axed, rather placed on the backburner for at least five years.

The source said: “Globally, it is still a phenomenon and rakes in millions every year. But in the UK, there is no question it has become slightly stale.

“Simon remains at the top of his game and knows how to make a hit. He owns the rights to the show, and it’s his call — not ITV’s — whether or not he drops it.

“Clearly the last thing he wants is for X Factor to fizzle out with a whimper and become a bit of a joke — especially in contrast to the show in its pomp.

“It is still on the back-burner and there’s the option to return it in 2023, with auditions next summer, but a lot will ride on his new format Walk The Line.”

Continue Reading

TV & Film

Naked Attraction looking for Manchester contestants to take part in next series

Know anyone who’d be up for this?

Published

on

Channel 4

Naked Attraction, arguably the world’s most outrageous dating show, is on the look out for brave and ballsy contestants for its upcoming series.

Just incase you’re unfamiliar, the premise is simple: one contestant has to choose a potential partner from a line up of very naked strangers who are each presented in individual pods.

Bit by bit (literally), their bodies are exposed and they are gradually whittled down based on who the chooser finds the least attractive.

Channel 4

A little problematic in some senses, but the show, presented by Anna Richardson, has proven to be a huge success since its debut in 2016, and has gone on to have eight seasons.

And now, a new season is on the horizon and the producers are officially on the hunt for new contestants to bare all in the search for love (or a bit of viral fame, whatever floats your boat.)

Executive Producer, Darrell Olsen, said: “We’re excited to be back looking for a new batch of contestants! In these times I think many people are keen to find love and what better way than dating in reverse and starting off naked?”

Though it is worth noting that 1.5 million people have tuned in to watch the show in the past, so you need to be brave enough to bare all to a hefty audience.

Filming for the series is set to begin in the autumn, adhering to Covid filming guidance. Applicants also need to be eighteen years or older – for obvious reasons.

If you think you’re brave enough for the show, you can fill out an application here. Good luck! 

Continue Reading

TV & Film

Gordon, Gino and Fred are returning with a ‘big fat Greek adventure’ Road Trip special this autumn

The boys are back on possibly their biggest adventure yet

Published

on

ITV

Everyone’s favourite cooking trio are making a much-needed comeback with an epic road trip across Greece set to air this autumn. 

The unlikely pals have travelled across various parts of the globe together as a part of their hugely successful ITV show – America, France and Italy, to name a few – and have experienced many weird and wonderful customs along the way.

And now, they are set to add the beautiful country of Greece to their growing list.

ITV

In Gordon, Gino & Fred Go Greek, the stars will be heading out to the country’s capital city of Athens and its many stunning islands – including the largest, Crete, which is where their journey will begin.

The trio will then move on in their trademark RV to other must-see Greek locations such as Santorini, Mykonos and Meteora, breaking up the driving with jet ski racing, shipwreck diving and fresh lobster hunting along the way.

ITV announced the show as part of its autumn programming, saying: This time their RV is hitting the beautiful Greek islands and historical city of Athens, for a big fat Greek adventure, together again behind the wheel on an epic odyssey like no other.

From island hopping on a catamaran, to jet ski racing and shipwreck diving, there will be bromance and bickering in equal measure.

ITV

Thanks to an abundance of fantastic food, including the freshest lobster, chefs Gordon and Gino will be looking to prove that Greece’s culinary credentials are up there with the very best of Europe.

The guys will begin their adventure in Crete, Greece’s largest island, before navigating their way to stunning Santorini, making their way to the party island of Mykonos and finishing their trip in the Greek capital Athens and the monasteries of Meteora.

Travelling together in the birthplace of civilisation, what could possibly go wrong?”

An official air date is yet to be announced. 

Continue Reading

Receive our latest news, events & unique stories

Privacy and data policy

We may earn a commission when you use one of our links to make a purchase

Copyright © 2019 Proper Manchester