Connect with us
https://propermanchester.com.temp.link/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/secret-suppers-advert.jpg

TV & Film

Channel 4’s SAS: Who Dares Wins looking for contestants from Manchester for new series

Do you think you have what it takes?

Avatar photo

Published

on

Channel 4

Channel 4’s SAS: Who Dares Wins is on the lookout for brave new contestants from Greater Manchester.

The hit series, which first aired back in 2015, sees five ex-Special Forces soldiers recreating the SAS’s secret selection process and putting a group of contestants through it in the ‘ultimate test’ of their physical and – more importantly – psychological resilience.

The sixth season, which concluded on Sunday night, saw twenty-one men and women leave the comfort of their homes and head to Scotland for a gruelling selection course including tasks built around abseiling, swimming through freezing water and bracing for chemical weapon attacks.

Channel 4

Only two contestants were crowned as the winners – that’s how laborious this show really is.

Ant Middleton has always hosted the show but, following his public falling out with Channel 4 and a string of misconduct allegations, he won’t be returning for the seventh season.

Anyway, not one to waste any time, Channel 4 have got the wheels turning for the seventh season and are now accepting applications from those who think they’re tough enough to endure an SAS selection process.

Filming is set to take place between September 9th and September 26th 2021, so applicants need to be available for these dates.

Channel 4

There’s also a list of criteria SAS hopefuls need to meet – you must be between the ages of eighteen and forty-four, you must be a British citizen, an Irish Republic Citizen, British Commonwealth Citizen or hold dual nationality, and you must be at least 158cm (5.1”) tall and weigh at least 50kg (8 stone). 

Oh, and you must not be currently serving in the armed forces – you know, for obvious reasons.

You must also be able to adhere to a certain fitness standard – you must be able to complete a minimum of forty-four push ups in two minutes, a minimum of fifty sit ups in two minutes, be able to carry two 20kg weights over a distance of 120m in two minutes and complete a Beep test with the level of 10.1 – this is the equivalent of a 1.5 mile run in nine minutes and thirty seconds.

Has that still not put you off? If so, you can fill out your application here.

TV & Film

I’m A Celebrity All Stars line up ‘revealed’

Fifteen celebrities are expected to brave the bush-tucker trials for a second time…

Avatar photo

Published

on

Ant & Dec & ITV

The lineup of celebrities poised to return to the jungle for the upcoming I’m A Celebrity All Stars competition has reportedly been unveiled.

Last week, presenting duo Ant and Dec revealed they were in South Africa while filming for the new series, which will see a selection of ‘favourite celebrities from the last twenty years’ of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! come together in a brand new setting. 

In their announcement video posted onto social media, Dec said: “It’s probably the worst kept secret in television, but we can confirm we’re doing a very special series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in South Africa!”

Showing off the South African scenery behind him, Dec added: “We’re here, it’s going to be your favourite celebrities from the last twenty years who are going back in to do it one more time.”

While Ant and Dec didn’t say who exactly would be appearing on the show, a TV insider has now revealed the fifteen celebrities expected to take part in the reality competition, which is set to air at some point next year.

The source said: “It’s a different format to Australia, who knows when and where celebrities will enter camp, literally anything could happen.

“It’s not clear how many will start in camp or how many will be there by the end when one is crowned King or Queen of the jungle, possibly for a second time.

“It’s the best of I’m A Celebrity, quite literally, but there’s some twists and surprises along the way for viewers and campers so it’s not going to be as straightforward as they might think.”

ITV

So, who can we expect to see back on our screens next year?

The first celebrity reportedly braving the bush-tucker trials for a second time is former English international cricketer Phil Tufnell, who won the series in 2003.

British boxer Amir Khan is also reportedly heading back to the jungle, alongside former British Royal Household servant Paul Burrell and Happy Mondays legend Shaun Ryder. 

And perhaps most surprisingly, You Are What You Eat star Gillian McKeith is said to be making a return over a decade on from her now-famous fainting episode in the Australian jungle. 

ITV

Other celebrities expected on the line up include Jordan Banjo, Carol Vorderman, Georgia Toffolo, Joe Swash, Janice Dickinson and Andrew Whyment. 

The reported I’m A Celebrity All Stars line up in full:

  • Phil Tufnell
  • Amir Khan
  • Paul Burrell
  • Jordan Banjo
  • Andrew Whyment
  • Dean Gaffney
  • Shaun Ryder
  • Gillian McKeith
  • Carol Vorderman
  • Georgia Toffolo
  • Helen Flanagan
  • Janice Dickinson
  • Myleene Klass
  • Joe Swash
  • Fatima Whitbread

Continue Reading

TV & Film

Jeremy Kyle returning to TV next month three years after show was axed

The Jeremy Kyle Show was pulled from the air following the death of a contestant in 2019

Avatar photo

Published

on

ITV & TalkTV

Jeremy Kyle is set to make his television come-back for the first time since his original show was pulled from the air.

The Jeremy Kyle Show made its debut in 2005 and enjoyed a seventeen-season run until it was axed in 2019 following the death of a contestant. 

Steve Dymond was found dead from a suspected morphine overdose just days after appearing on the show, where he allegedly ‘failed’ one of the infamous lie detector tests. 

Filming and broadcasting for The Jeremy Kyle Show was immediately suspended following the tragedy, with Kyle himself disappearing from screens. 

Channel 4

The host has stayed relatively under the radar and out of the spotlight only until recently, with him presenting various slots for TalkRadio and TalkTV since September last year.

But over three years on from the demise of The Jeremy Kyle Show, the host is now set to return to screens with his very own ‘straight-talking’ live television show. 

Read More: The Jeremy Kyle Show’s counsellor Graham Stanier defends series following Channel 4 documentary

Jeremy Kyle Live will make its debut on TalkTV next month on October 10th, and will see the ‘straight-talking voice of the people take on the issues that really matter’. 

In a statement, the fifty-seven-year-old said: “I’m so excited to be going back to live television from October 10th. Sitting in for Piers [Morgan] over the summer has given me a taste for what the new show will be.

Jeremy Kyle Live will be making sense of the stories that matter; speaking the language of the British people and providing practical help as we all try and navigate our way through current times.

“I can’t wait to be a part of TalkTV’s amazing new primetime lineup.”

A spokesperson for TalkTV previously said in a statement: “TalkTV’s primetime schedule will also be simulcast on TalkRadio, and TalkRadio’s roster of daytime talent, including Julia Hartley-Brewer, Mike Graham, Ian Collins and Jeremy Kyle, will be broadcast on talkTV.

“TalkRadio has seen fast growth in recent years across all platforms and has been broadcasting successfully on talkRadio TV since last year.”

Jeremy Kyle Live will air daily on TalkTV from October 10th.

Continue Reading

TV & Film

Ant and Dec confirm new I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here show in South Africa

The new version of the series will air next year

Avatar photo

Published

on

Ant and Dec / Twitter

Ant and Dec have announced that there will be a new version of I’m A Celebrity held in South Africa. 

Sharing the exciting news onto Twitter, the Geordie duo said the new series would feature a selection of ‘favourite celebrities from the last twenty years’ brought together in a brand new setting.

In their announcement video posted onto social media, Dec said: “It’s probably the worst kept secret in television, but we can confirm we’re doing a very special series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in South Africa!”

Showing off the South African scenery behind him, Dec added: “We’re here, it’s going to be your favourite celebrities from the last twenty years who are going back in to do it one more time.”

Ant and Dec said in their caption that the series would be ‘coming to your tellies’ at some point in 2023. 

No specific names from the past twenty years of I’m A Celebrity have been confirmed for the special show, though announcements are expected in the coming months.

Their announcement comes after it was confirmed that the show, which sees celebrities camp out and take part in notorious ‘bush tucker trials’, will be returning to the Australian jungle for its 2022 series.

The series has been set in Gwrych Castle in Wales for the last two years as a result of Australia’s strict Covid-19 travel restrictions, but now Australia’s borders are open the show will be heading back down under, ITV announced earlier this year.

ITV

ITV’s director of content Rosemary Newell confirmed the news to The Mirror, saying in a statement: “We expect I’m A Celebrity to return in Australia in November, when it will generate audience over 11 million.”

Ant and Dec had previously expressed their own hopes for the series to return to its original Australian location, with Dec telling The One Show: “We love Wales but you know, Australia is its home and we’d like to get back there if we can.”

I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here first aired in 2002, where it was filmed in Tully, Queensland. It then moved to Murwillumbah, New South Wales, where it remained until the Covid pandemic.

Continue Reading

Receive our latest news, events & unique stories

Privacy and data policy

We may earn a commission when you use one of our links to make a purchase

Copyright © 2022 Manchester's Finest Group