Ant and Dec have announced that there will be a new version of I’m A Celebrity held in South Africa.
Sharing the exciting news onto Twitter, the Geordie duo said the new series would feature a selection of ‘favourite celebrities from the last twenty years’ brought together in a brand new setting.
In their announcement video posted onto social media, Dec said: “It’s probably the worst kept secret in television, but we can confirm we’re doing a very special series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in South Africa!”
Showing off the South African scenery behind him, Dec added: “We’re here, it’s going to be your favourite celebrities from the last twenty years who are going back in to do it one more time.”
Ant and Dec said in their caption that the series would be ‘coming to your tellies’ at some point in 2023.
No specific names from the past twenty years of I’m A Celebrity have been confirmed for the special show, though announcements are expected in the coming months.
Their announcement comes after it was confirmed that the show, which sees celebrities camp out and take part in notorious ‘bush tucker trials’, will be returning to the Australian jungle for its 2022 series.
The series has been set in Gwrych Castle in Wales for the last two years as a result of Australia’s strict Covid-19 travel restrictions, but now Australia’s borders are open the show will be heading back down under, ITV announced earlier this year.
ITV’s director of content Rosemary Newell confirmed the news to The Mirror, saying in a statement: “We expect I’m A Celebrity to return in Australia in November, when it will generate audience over 11 million.”
Ant and Dec had previously expressed their own hopes for the series to return to its original Australian location, with Dec telling The One Show: “We love Wales but you know, Australia is its home and we’d like to get back there if we can.”
I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here first aired in 2002, where it was filmed in Tully, Queensland. It then moved to Murwillumbah, New South Wales, where it remained until the Covid pandemic.
Rugby League star Rob Burrow to read CBeebies Bedtime Story
What a legend!
Rob Burrow, the former Rugby League star who lives with Motor Neurone Disease (MND), is going to be reading a bedtime story on CBeebies.
Rob is set to read the CBeebies Bedtime Story on the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, which is this weekend.
The former Leeds Rhinos player will be using an eye-controlled computer to read the story, with the device delivering the words in his native Yorkshire accent.
Rob says he’s ‘excited and honoured’ and that he used to enjoy reading to his own kids, Maya, 7, and Jackson, 3, who joined him in the CBeebies studio with his wife Lindsey.
He told the BBC: “Reading and literacy are so important. It doesn’t matter what your disability is, reading is accessible to everyone.
“Anyone can enjoy reading and develop a love of books and bedtime stories, just like me and my family.”
Rob will be reading Tilda Tries Again by Tom Percival, which tells the story of a young girl who finds her world turned upside-down – causing her to find a new way to solve problems.
Rob is going to be reading his CBeebies Bedtime Story at 6.50pm this Saturday, December 3rd – you can see it either on CBeebies or the BBC iPlayer.
Happy Valley to return for third and final season this Christmas
It’ll explore the growing relationship between a teenage Ryan and his dad Tommy Lee Royce…
There’s very good news for fans of Happy Valley, as the BBC has confirmed the third and final season will be released this Christmas as part of its festive schedule.
Fans were delighted when it was announced last year that the drama, created by Sally Wainwright, would be returning for a third season – with Sarah Lancashire reprising her role of Sergeant Catherine Cawood for the last time.
The BBC recently gave us our first look at the upcoming season of Happy Valley ahead of its highly-anticipated release, with new images giving fans an idea of what to expect from the upcoming six-part series.
Catherine is pictured with a bloodied nose in the aftermath of a police raid, while the notorious Tommy Lee Royce – played by James Norton – is seen sporting a radically different look in his prison cell.
The broadcaster also gave first-look glimpses of Catherine’s sister Clare (Siobhan Finneran) and teenage grandson Ryan (Rhys Connah).
The third season will see Catherine discover the remains of a gangland murder victim, which sparks a chain of events that unwittingly leads her straight back to Tommy Lee Royce, Ryan’s biological father and the man responsible for her daughter’s suicide.
Her grandson Ryan is now sixteen, and has ideas of his own about what kind of relationship he wants to have with the man Catherine refuses to acknowledge as his father.
Still battling the seemingly never-ending problem of drugs in the valley and those who supply them, Catherine is on the cusp of retirement.
It was clear at the end of the second season – released in 2016 – that Catherine was worried Ryan may have too much of his father in him, and season three is set to explore the pair’s relationship.
The BBC also announced who will be joining the cast for the BAFTA-winning six-part drama, including familiar faces Ishia Bennison as Joyce, Shane Zaza as Shafiq, Chord Melodic as Sledge, and Mete Dursun as Gorkem.
There will be some new faces for the third instalment too, specifically The Rising’s Oliver Huntingdon, Sex Education’s Jack Bandeira, God’s Own Country’s Alec Secareanu and Gentleman Jack’s Anthony Flanagan.
Happy Valley will form part of the BBC’s Christmas TV lineup, but the season three premiere will be held in Halifax on December 14th – fans can now apply for tickets here to see it first.
An exact start date for season three is yet to be confirmed.
Olivia Attwood ‘forced to quit’ I’m A Celebrity after just 24 hours
Olivia Attwood has reportedly quit I’m A Celebrity just hours after the new series made its debut.
According to ITV, the Love Island star has been forced to withdraw from the reality show due to a ‘medical matter’.
An ITV spokesperson told The Independent: “As a precautionary measure Olivia needed to leave the jungle to undergo some medical checks.
“Unfortunately, the medical team has advised it is not safe for Olivia to return to camp as there needs to be further investigation.
“She has been absolutely brilliant and she’ll be very much missed on the show.”
According to The Sun, the reality TV star is currently flying back to the UK to reunite with her fiancee Bradley Dack.
Last night, viewers watched as Attwood began her journey into the Australian jungle as a VIP alongside radio DJ Chris Moyles.
The pair later found out that VIP actually stood for ‘Very Isolated People’, and would have to spend the night in a separate camp before undergoing a Bush Tucker Trial the following day.
Before she entered the jungle by jumping out of a helicopter, Attwood joked that her ex-boyfriends watching the show – including former Love Island co-star Chris Hughes – would probably want to see her get stuck into the trials.
She said: “I don’t really have that many exes who I’m bad terms with, but all exes will probably want to see me choke on camel’s anus.”