Connect with us
https://propermanchester.com.temp.link/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/secret-suppers-advert.jpg

Trending

Peter Kay set for huge ‘arena comeback tour’ including Manchester show

The comedian is reportedly organising a number of arena gigs for next year

Published

on

ITV News

Peter Kay could be making his long-awaited comeback as new reports suggest he is preparing for a huge ‘comeback tour’ for 2023.

The Bolton-born comedian was forced to cancel his last tour in 2017 – which had sold out across all 100 scheduled gigs – due to ‘unforeseen family circumstances’. 

Since then, Kay has stayed out of the public eye, appearing again only briefly for a recent string of charity concerts.

But now, it has been reported that the actor is preparing to make his highly-anticipated comeback with a huge arena tour in the works for next year.

A source close to the star said: “He has lined up huge venues across the country including in Manchester, London and Birmingham and is hoping to announce it in September.

“Peter has not performed a live stand-up set on a big stage in well over a decade now but he could not be more ready to get back out there.”

While Kay himself is yet to confirm the rumours, fans of his have been taking to social media to express their excitement and delight with the news.

One person wrote: “Hope these rumours about a Peter Kay tour aren’t just one big joke cos [sic] I am bloody excited”.

Another commented: “Really hoping the Peter Kay stand up tour rumours are true for next year. Was gutted when he cancelled last time as we managed to get tickets to see him for first time!”

Kay’s most recent public appearance came last month when he attended the launch a new accessible boat in Chorley.

The comedian said he was ‘honoured’ to cut the ribbon for the wheelchair-accessible powerboat, which will allow disabled people to enjoy activities on the water the Anderton Centre in Chorley, on Saturday, April 23rd.

Kay sang his praises for the Anderton centre, which he claims to have visited with his own children on several occasions in the past.

He said, as per the BBC: “I’m honoured to be asked to launch this fantastic Wheelyboat, which I hope gives a lot of people a lot of pleasure and happiness out on the water… I love coming here.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Trending

Manchester named one of the worst places in UK for ‘dangerous drinking’

Manchester has been named the fourth most dangerous city in the UK for binge drinking

Published

on

Manchester has been named the fourth most dangerous city in the UK for binge drinking, according to a new study.

The Dangerous Drinking Report was conducted by private rehab clinic Delamere, and it has analysed eight different data points.

These include rates of alcoholism, alcohol deaths per 100,000 people, the number of bars, which were all analysed to reveal the most dangerous cities in the UK for drinking.


And according to this research, Manchester took fourth place on the ranking with a score of 17.1 out of a possible 80. 

Manchester had the second-highest number of bottomless drinking locations (77), five drinking events available, 2,040 alcohol-related hospital admissions between 2019-2020 and 209 bars and clubs. 

London was found to have the most dangerous drinking culture in the UK, with an overall score of 0 out of a possible 80. 

As the most populated city in the country, London had 26,580 alcohol-related hospital admissions recorded between 2019-2020, 190 bottomless drinking locations and 1,068 bars and nightclubs that all contributed to its ‘toxic’ drinking culture.

Delamere

Leeds came in second, with a score of 11 out of 80. Their bottomless drinks score was 0.8/10, 310 hospital admissions were documented between 2019-2020 and finally, there were 9,954 recorded alcohol dependency cases between 2018-2019. 

The Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities for Drinking Culture:

  1. London – 0/80 
  2. Leeds – 11/80 
  3. Bristol – 16.6/80 
  4. Manchester – 17.1/80
  5. Liverpool – 19.9/80
  6. Birmingham – 22.3/80
  7. Newcastle – 25.6/80 
  8. Nottingham – 31.1/80
  9. Sheffield -31.2/80
  10. Brighton -32/80

Read the full report here.

Continue Reading

Trending

Nadine Dorries compares herself to Wigan legend after embarrassing rugby mix up

Whoops…

Published

on

Nadine Dorries made a huge faux pas at a rugby league event this week, when she mixed up two different codes in the sport.

The Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport was at a Rugby League World Cup social impact event in St Helens, during which she confused league and union while giving a speech.

When discussing her favourite moment from rugby league, she mistakenly chose Jonny Wilkinson’s famous drop-goal – which led to England winning the 2003 rugby union World Cup – as her standout memory.

Simon Dawson / No 10 Downing Street / Flickr

Dorries told the audience: “I’ve always quite liked the idea of rugby league. My long standing memory is that 2003 drop-goal.

“I’ll let you into a secret, we were drinking Bloody Marys at the time, it was 11 o’clock in the morning, but wow, what a moment that was.

“I know from my limited watching that it’s an incredibly physical and sometimes brutal sport and it often ends up in a scrum, which actually reminds me very much of politics.

“I think we have a lot in common and given a lot of the media like to call me the prime minister’s attack dog, I wonder sometimes if I should give rugby a go.”

While rugby league is played across the country, it is most popular in Northern England –  especially Lancashire and Yorkshire where the game originated in the late 1800s.

She later addressed the mistake on Twitter, in a tweet in which she compared herself to a Wigan rugby league legend.

She wrote: “Like Jason Robinson I may have switched codes in my speech… Both league & union have a rich heritage in the UK.

“Obviously I’ve followed rugby league much less in my lifetime, but I’m looking forward to watching England (& all the home nations) in the RL World Cup this Autumn.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Heinz pulls products from shelves in Tesco over price row

Tesco has said it is more focused on keeping the cost of the weekly shop as low as possible

Published

on

Tesco PLC / Flickr & @AChangeAtATime / Twitter

Customers will be hard pressed to find certain Heinz products in Tesco following a row between the two companies over price hikes.

The food company has scaled back its supply to Tesco after the supermarket said it would not pass on its ‘unjustifiable price increases’ to its customers.

As a result of this, customers will find that a number of Heinz favourites such as baked beans, tinned soups and tomato ketchup will be absent from the shelves in Tesco supermarkets up and down the country.

According to The Grocer Magazine, products affected include Beanz 4x415g, Sticky Barbecue Sauce 500g, Salad Cream 605g, Baked Beans & Pork Sausages 200g, Beanz No Added Sugar 4x415g Snap Pots 4x200g, and Chicken Noodle Soup 400g.

Mike Mozart / Flickr

Heinz is just one of the manufacturers to announce a price increase during the cost of living crisis.

However, many supermarkets like Tesco are firm in keeping prices as low as reasonably possible for their customers, resulting in disputes with manufacturers.

Read More: Lidl launches new food label to help struggling families with cost of living crisis

A Tesco spokesperson told the magazine the retailer was ‘laser-focused on keeping the cost of the weekly shop in check, offering customers great value through our combination of Aldi Price Match, Low Everyday Prices and Clubcard Prices’.

They added: “With household budgets under increasing pressure, now more than ever we have a responsibility to ensure customers get the best possible value, and we will not pass on unjustifiable price increases to our customers.

Tesco PLC / Flickr

“We’re sorry that this means some products aren’t available right now, but we have plenty of alternatives to choose from, including Branston Baked Beans and our own-brand ranges, and we hope to have this issue resolved soon.”

In a statement, a Kraft Heinz spokesperson suggested price was at the heart of the issue, citing ‘today’s challenging economic environment – with commodity and production costs rising – many consumers are working within tight budgets’.

The statement added: “We always look at how we can provide value through price, size and packs so consumers can enjoy the products they love and trust at a price point that works within their budgets, without compromising on quality.”

Heinz said it was ‘working closely with Tesco to resolve the situation as quickly as possible’ and was ‘confident in a positive resolution’.

Continue Reading

Receive our latest news, events & unique stories

Privacy and data policy

We may earn a commission when you use one of our links to make a purchase

Copyright © 2022 Manchester's Finest Group