Tyson Fury’s wife Paris has spoken of her pride following his knockout win over Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium over the weekend.
In an emotional Instagram post, Paris revealed that her husband had ‘told me when I was 16 he would do all this’.
Alongside a photo of the couple in the aftermath of the win, she wrote: “Words can’t describe how proud I am of him.
“He told me when I was 16 he would do all this, it seemed crazy back then, but he followed his dreams and I supported him all the way.
“I love you Tyson proudest wife on the planet.”
Tyson, known as the Gypsy King, retained his world heavyweight title in front of 94,000 fans at Wembley on Saturday night.
Speaking to BT Sport after the fight, the Wythenshawe-born boxer insisted he would be retiring from the sport, saying it ‘might be the final curtain for the Gypsy King’.
He added later that he had ‘spent a lot of time on the road’ and had ‘been away for a long time’, saying: “I promised my wife that would be it after the [Deontay] Wilder fight, but I got offered a fight at Wembley and I owed it to the fans.
“Now that it’s all done, I think this is it, this might be the final curtain for the Gypsy King.
“What a way to go out, a big thank you to the United Kingdom!”
Paris later expressed her support for Tyson’s career decisions, with her telling BT Sport that her husband had accomplished all he wanted.
She said: “If he had anything left to do, I would say ‘Yeah Tyson, you do it’. But he has nothing to prove.”
Boris Johnson was ‘not partying’ in photo of him drinking at ‘party’, Tory MP says
New photos show the Prime Minister raising a glass during an alleged leaving party in November 2020
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has defended Boris Johnson after newly-released photos showed him drinking during an alleged lockdown party.
ITV News published four photos showing the Prime Minister raising a glass with a group of aides around a table littered with alcoholic drinks and party food on November 13th 2020, when the country was in its second national lockdown.
The photos, which were reportedly taken during a leaving party, cast fresh doubt on Johnson’s claims that he was unaware of rule-breaking in Downing Street during the pandemic.
However, a number of Tory MPs have spoken out in defense of Johnson, including Shapps, who insisted that Johnson ‘wasn’t partying’ in the first place.
Speaking to Sky News’ Kay Burley this morning, Shapps said: “The question is, was he down there partying?
“No, clearly not. He’d gone by to say thanks and to raise a glass to a colleague who was leaving. And, you know, the answer to this of course, is the police have spent a lot of time with a lot of people and a lot of resources… And they’ve come to their conclusion.
“As we know, he wasn’t fined for that event.”
The Cabinet minister went on to say that Johnson is ‘completely mortified’ by the publishing of the photos, acknowledging that ‘it shouldn’t have happened’.
He said: “He [Johnson] has paid the fifty quid fine. That’s the right thing to do. He’s human, and sometimes humans make mistakes.”
Shapps added: “I don’t think the fact of the pictures, us seeing them for the first time, changes what the police and Sue Gray already know.”
Just one week ago, it was announced that Sue Gray’s highly-publicised report into government misconduct during the Covid lockdowns had been completed.
A source close to Gray and her team said she now intends to publish her report ‘as soon as possible’, adding that it could come as early as next week, according to The Independent.
Gino D’Acampo hits back at ‘haters’ who criticised him for kissing daughter on lips
The celebrity chef came under fire for being ‘too affectionate’ with his eight-year-old daughter Mia
Gino D’Acampo has hit back at ‘all the haters out there’ who criticised him for kissing his daughter on the lips.
The celebrity chef shared two photos of himself and his eight-year-old daughter Mia, one in which the pair shared a kiss and the other showing them laughing candidly together.
Gino captioned the post: “To all the haters out there……yes I still kiss my principessa on the lips, get over it and get a life”.
The famed chef was met with a wave of support from his followers for sharing the post, with his teenage son Rocco also commenting with a series of hearts.
Another fan commented: “Blooming Nora, please tell me this is a joke? My son is 20 and I still kiss and cuddle him!”
While another questioned: “How can anyone say it’s wrong to kiss your child?!?!”
Though Gino hasn’t always received this level of praise, with him recently dividing opinions after revealing his daughter gets sent to bed on an empty stomach if she doesn’t eat her dinner.
Appearing on the Sweat, Snot and Tears podcast late last year, Gino said he thinks children become fussy eaters as a result of parents who can’t be bothered to ‘fight’ over meal times.
He said: “When people talk to me about fussy children with food and ask me, ‘What do I think?’ I tell them there is no such a thing as a fussy child. There isn’t.
“But there is a thing of moron parenting. By moron, I mean idiots. A child doesn’t grow up fussy, it’s not possible. It’s the parents.”
Gino also likened his children to training a puppy, saying: “I’m not comparing a dog to a child, for God’s sake, but it’s the same as a when you have a little puppy.
“You only have to tell him off and pretend to smack him a couple of times not to do the wee on the floor. Eventually, he’s not going to do the wee on the floor, he’s going to go outside.”
An interesting perspective…
Manchester Airport described as ‘hell on earth’ with long queues and waits of up to four hours this morning
The airport has been plagued by lengthy queues and delays for months now
Manchester Airport has been described as ‘hell on earth’ as passengers were forced to queue for up to four hours this morning.
Frustrated travellers shared photos and videos of the carnage on social media, with the airport being described as ‘absolute and complete chaos’.
Huge queues at check-in desks and security were reported across the morning, as well as long waits for luggage in arrivals.
Passenger Amy McDonald wrote on Twitter: “Never seen anything like it before at Manchester Airport, queued for 2 hours and when our flight was called it was a free for all… hope our bag has made it”.
Mhari Oaks said of her experience this morning: “Hell on earth this morning @manairport – avoid it like the plague!!!
“Everyone missing flights despite getting there 3 hours before departure. Absolute and complete chaos. No check in staff.”
Marion Wolstenholme described customers as being ‘upset, anxious and frustrated’, writing: “Chaos @manairport this morning.
“Almost 2 hours queuing to drop of case and still no end in sight. Really really poor – No organisation, no communication.”
Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham previously warned that the lengthy queues and delays – said to be a result of staff shortages and increased passenger demand – will continue for the ‘foreseeable future’.
Following a meeting with airport bosses last month, Burnham said that while the airport has made efforts to recruit, ‘more should have been done earlier’, and that its communication to passengers ahead of and upon arrival should have been better, as should the management of the queues.
At this, Burnham offered three pieces of advice to passengers planning on travelling from the airport in the next few months:
- Arrive at the airport three hours before your flight.
- Check your baggage into the hold in advance if possible.
- If you have to carry hand luggage please try to minimise it and ensure it is correctly packed before you leave home.