Marcus Rashford helping Wes Brown out with rent after his bankruptcy
Rashford can add another good deed to his list
Marcus Rashford can add another good deed to his list, as he is reportedly helping out former Manchester United defender Wes Brown with his rent.
Brown declared bankruptcy earlier this year, and according to reports Rashford is renting him a property on a ‘mates’ rates’ basis to ease his money worries.
While the footballer made 362 appearances in all competitions for Man United between 1997 and 2011, including in United’s Champions League win over Chelsea, the Daily Mail reports that Brown incurred a six-figure debt with HMRC.
It’s alleged that Brown lost millions in various property deals over the years.
According to the reports, a source said: “It may seem like Wes was earning big money — to most people he was — but the trouble was he was also trying to keep up with the lifestyle of team-mates earning five or six times more than he was.
“Most of his money disappeared in bad property deals. He overpaid on the farm that [Brown’s ex-wife Real Housewives of Cheshire star Leanne Wassell] lives in.
“He spent something like £6 million or £7 million to buy that.”
It continued: “They have tried to sell it but haven’t managed to, even after lowering the price to £4.75m. Any money left is tied up in the farm.
“A previous property of theirs was once listed at £4.5m but took seven years to sell, finally going for £2.4million — almost half price.”
According to the same report, Brown’s former teammates Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick are also supporting him through this difficult time.
Piers Morgan and TikToker who went in stranger’s homes get into heated argument live on air
‘It was a trend. I just done it for a trend’
Piers Morgan and a TikTok prankster got into a heated argument during an interview live on air.
The TikToker known as ‘Mizzy’ called Piers Morgan a ‘moron’ during the bizarre and heated interview on the Piers Morgan Uncensored show, on Wednesday May 14th — just hours after his sentencing.
Mizzy — real name Bacari-Bronze O’Garro — and Morgan got into a spat while live in the studio. As the pair continued to interrupt each other throughout, Morgan listed the numerous extreme ‘moronic’ pranks O’Garro has carried out.
O’Garro is the person behind a series of notorious viral videos including stealing a woman’s dog, ripping up library books and jumping into strangers’ cars.
The 18-year-old was also said to have put a family ‘at risk’ by walking into their home pretending he was trying to find a study group, a court heard.
When Morgan asked why he would choose to cause ‘so much alarm and distress to so many people’, O’Garro replied: “This whole public uproar just makes me laugh because people are getting hurt over something that didn’t happen to them and that’s how I see it as.”
Morgan went on: “You go up and take a dog from an elderly woman, you leapfrog over the top of an orthodox Jewish man standing at the side of the road minding his business.
“You go up to women in the street and say, ‘do you want to die?’”
At one point the Talk TV presenter then asked: “A lot of the stuff that you do could have consequences far more serious but you don’t care do you, as long as you get a laugh?”
O’Garro replied: “Of course I care… I have remorse.” On why he pulled the pranks for social media, he said: “It was a trend. I just done it for a trend.” He then said he is his ‘own person’ and ‘I am legally an adult now so I can do what I want’.
The pair called each other ‘idiots’, and Morgan ended the interview by saying: “You’re just a complete moron.” Adding: “For the record, he wasn’t paid for this.”
O’Garro appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (May 24th) and admitted failing to comply with a community protection notice. He was fined £200 and will have to pay an £80 surcharge with £85 in prosecution costs.
The teenager, from Hackney, east London, was also issued with a criminal behaviour order, for a period of two years, which means he can never upload a video again without the permission of all those appearing in it.
The CBO also prohibits him from ‘trespassing into any private property, including residential homes, business properties, school and retail outlets’, and ‘attending Westfield Stratford City.’
Detective Chief Superintendent James Conway said: “The CBO issued is a powerful measure designed to prevent behaviour which has caused alarm and distress to our communities.
“If the conditions are breached, at any point over the two year period, a custodial sentence can result.”
ITV issues new statement on Phillip Schofield after Eamonn Holmes’ claims
The broadcaster said Schofield’s ‘stepping down’ was a ‘decision agreed between Phillip and ITV’
ITV has issued a fresh statement on Phillip Schofield’s exit from This Morning after Eamonn Holmes’ comments on GB News.
The statement comes after former star Eamonn Holmes reportedly claimed the presenter ‘was sacked’. Chatting on Monday on his GB News show, Eamonn said: “Oh please, let’s just stop this. He was sacked.”
Holmes said Holly was ‘false’ and a ‘backstabber’. He went on: “She made her name on the back of him. Excuse me.
“If she has her own professional integrity, why isn’t she coming out in public and saying I have my own professional integrity, he’s done something that will reflect badly on me but she again is being as false as he is and nobody is talking about the elephant in the room.”
In a short statement to Huffington Post, ITV stepped in to dismiss Eamonn’s claims. It read: “Phillip Schofield’s decision to step down from This Morning was (as his statement made clear) a decision agreed between Phillip and ITV.”
Schofield quit This Morning last weekend after more than 20 years following a reported feud with co-star Holly Willoughby.
The presenter ‘stepped back’ with ‘immediate effect’ and in a statement said the programme had ‘become the story’ and that he wanted to ‘do what I can to protect the show that I love’.
The move came after rumours were rife that he and Holly Willoughby were ‘barely speaking’ behind the scenes amid a ‘rift’ between the pair.
Issuing a statement on Saturday, following weeks of speculation that he and Holly weren’t getting along, Phillip wrote on his Instagram: “I have always been proud to cover fascinating stories on This Morning, but recently, This Morning itself has become the story.
“Throughout my career in TV — including the very difficult last few days — I have always done my best to be honourable and kind.
“I understand ITV has decided the current situation can’t go on and I want to do what I can to protect the show I love.
“So I have agreed to step down from This Morning with immediate effect, in the hope that the show can move forward to a bright future.
I’d like to thank everyone what has supported me – especially This Morning’s amazing viewers – and I’ll see you all for the Soap Awards next month.”
Holly, 42 also, issued a statement in response, sharing to her Instagram, she wrote: “Hi everyone…
“It’s been over 13 great years presenting This Morning with Phil and I want to take this opportunity to thank him for all of his knowledge, his experience and his humour.
“The sofa won’t feel the same without him.”
Cadbury’s is hiring chocolate experts to test their products
A dream come true for chocolate lovers!
Cadbury’s is hiring expert Chocolate Taster Panelists and applications are open now.
Do you love chocolate? Have you tried and tasted all kinds of the delicious silky richness in many forms and think you know a thing or two about how a choccy treat should taste?
If that’s you then this job role could be the perfect fit for you.
Cadbury’s is recruiting for Chocolate Taster Panelists to join a team who will taste test a variety of Mondelēz products — sounds heavenly, right?
The confectionary giant’s parent company, Mondelez International — which also includes Milka and Toblerone chocolate in its portfolio — is currently seeking a taster to sample, describe and provide feedback on its products.
The lucky applicants will use their senses to test the products, and ‘provide feedback using a clearly defined vocabulary, applying consistency to results provided and collaborating with other panelists’.
The role is for a permanent part time vacancy, consisting of either seven and a half, or eight hours per week, depending on the panel you work.
The panels they have available are as follows:
Panel B (12:15-14:45)
Panel C (15:00 – 17:00)
Panel E (10:00 – 12:00)
The desired applicants will need to bring the following knowledge and experience with them:
- A passion for food/beverages and to use your taste buds for detection
- Honesty when it comes to giving opinions
- Eager to try new, inventive products
- A communicative personality to build great relationships with your panel
- A firm grasp of the native language spoken in each individual location
The role will be based at their site in Wokingham.
To find out more and apply for this dreamy role, click HERE.
Please note: if you have any dietary restrictions, intolerance or allergies to certain foods, this position may not be suitable for you because, for example, you will be required to test products that contain gluten, nuts and dairy.