Connect with us
https://propermanchester.com.temp.link/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/secret-suppers-advert.jpg

Trending

Angry man blocks McDonald’s drive-thru after refusing to wait for sausage and egg McMuffins

After being made to wait for fifteen minutes in the same Leyland restaurant one week prior, the hangry customer decided to take a stand…

Avatar photo

Published

on

David Lally / Geograph & @onehungryasian / Instagram

A McDonald’s drive-thru was blocked for two hours after a furious customer refused to park and wait for his McMuffins.

Stuart Yates, fifty-five, drove to his local McDonald’s in Leyland, Lancashire, at around 9:30am yesterday morning for his Sunday breakfast fix. 

However, when he was asked by staff to park in one of the parking bays to wait for his order, Stuart refused, the Lancashire Post reports.

Speaking to the newspaper, Stuart insisted that he had been made to wait for over ‘fifteen minutes’ when he was last asked to park in one of the bays at the Churchill Way restaurant, resulting in him complaining to management. 

Google Maps

He said: “A week ago I got made to wait in the car park for over fifteen minutes. A lad spotted me and said ‘oh, it’s him again’, because last time I complained.

“They said go and wait in the car park, so I said ‘I’m not going anywhere until I get my food’.”

Stuart then refused to move from his position in the queue, resulting in the drive-thru being closed to other customers.

He claims he was then offered a cash refund by the restaurant – but he instead wanted the money put back on his credit card.

@jemmalikesfood / Instagram

Stuart said an employee even came out and ‘threw the money’ onto the roof of his car and threatened to call the police if he didn’t move on.

Undeterred by the staff member’s threats, however, Stuart reiterated his stance and informed workers that he would wait ‘all week’ if necessary.

He said: “I said I’m not moving, I’m well within my rights asking for a refund to be put back onto my card.

“They eventually gave me a refund and tried passing me a long letter they had typed out, but I refused to accept it.

David Lally / Geograph

“I hadn’t sworn, I hadn’t done anything threatening. I hadn’t broken any laws.”

Stuart went on to block traffic for another two hours, only leaving when the police arrived.

And, somewhat ironically, Stuart was forced to leave without his McMuffins – though he did instead order two Big Macs on UberEats when he got home.

McDonald’s is yet to comment on the drive-thru debacle. 

Trending

Pub chain giving away FREE pints to anyone with one of these 50 surnames

Are you on the list?

Avatar photo

Published

on

Greene King

England’s World Cup campaign got off to a flying start yesterday with a convincing 6-2 win over Iran.

Our Welsh neighbours – who are also in Group B with us – managed a draw with the USA, thanks to a late Gareth Bale penalty.

But goals aren’t the only thing to celebrate this World Cup, as a pub chain is giving away FREE pints to lucky fans who have one of 50 surnames.

Gerald England / Geograph

Greene King is dishing out a free drink to anyone who has the same surname as a player in either the England or Wales squads.

If you have one of the lucky last names, you can claim a pint on the house at any point during an England or Wales game.

All you have to do is head to a participating Greene King pub with your driving licence or passport to prove your name.

Anyone with one of these 50 surnames can claim the free pint: 

Hennessey
Ward
Davies
Cabango
Lockyer
Rodon
Mepham
Ampadu
Gunter
Williams
Roberts
Thomas
Allen
Smith
Levitt
Wilson
Morrell
Ramsey
Colwill
Bale
Moore
Harris
Johnson
James
Pickford
Pope
Ramsdale
Alexander-Arnold
Coady
Dier
Maguire
Shaw
Stones
Trippier
Walker
White
Bellingham
Gallagher
Henderson
Mount
Phillips
Rice
Foden
Grealish
Kane
Maddison
Rashford
Saka
Sterling
Wilson

All you need to do is head down to your nearest participating boozer and show the bar your photo ID during any England or Wales World Cup group stage game.

You can find the nearest pub to you taking part in the offer here.

Continue Reading

Trending

Will Ferrell appeals for spare room in North West to watch Eurovision

Got any room for Will?

Avatar photo

Published

on

Netflix

Earlier this year it was announced that Eurovision 2023 would be held in Liverpool instead of Kiev, due to the ongoing war in Ukraine.

Following the news, all hotels and accommodation in the city quickly sold out – with many establishments dramatically increasing their prices in the process.

As such, finding somewhere to stay during the annual song contest has become nigh on impossible, even if you’re a Hollywood superstar like Will Ferrell. 

Will recently appealed for help in finding accommodation for next year’s Eurovision during an appearance on BBC Radio 2 to promote his new film Spirited.

The actor previously wrote and starred in the 2020 film Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga, playing Icelandic singer Lars Erickssong.

READ MORE: Will Ferrell’s Buddy the Elf returns to screens in new Asda Christmas advert

During the BBC interview, Zoe Ball mentioned how much she enjoyed the film, to which Will responded: “And it’s in Liverpool this year, isn’t it?”

After being asked if he wanted to go, he said: “You know my mother really wants me to take her to Eurovision, she’s dying to go and she’s always wanted to go to Liverpool.”

Will added: “But aren’t the hotels all booked now?”

After the comedian appealed for a spare room to stay in, Zoe said: “If anyone is willing to put up Will Ferrell and his mum in Liverpool or the Liverpool area during Eurovision.”

Will revealed his requirements: “We need a clean, tidy room. We’ll share a room – two bunk beds that’s all we need. I know we’re kidding but my mom would love that, she’d be thrilled.”

Eurovision 2023 will consist of two semi-finals on May 9th and 11th, before the final on May 13th.

Continue Reading

Trending

Artificial grass company ordered to remove ‘offensive’ billboard in Greater Manchester

Thoughts?

Avatar photo

Published

on

Advertising Standards Authority

A billboard advertisement for a Greater Manchester artificial grass company was ordered to be taken down by the Advertising Standards Authority.

The advertising watchdog ruled that the ‘offensive’ billboard – located at a busy junction where Oldham Road meets the M60 in Hollinwood – ‘objectified and stereotyped women as sexual objects’.

The ASA investigated the poster from Oldham-based Great Grass MCR Ltd following complaints, finding that the ad was ‘irresponsible and likely to cause serious offence’.

Featuring text that read ‘Artificial Grarse Experts’, the billboard also used an image of a woman in just her pants, with additional text saying ‘Perfect 365 days a year…Get laid by the best’.

Advertising Standards Authority

The ASA said: “The complainants, who believed the ad objectified and sexualised women, challenged whether the ad was offensive, harmful and irresponsible.”

They continued: “We noted that the word ‘grass’ was spelt incorrectly to include the word ‘arse’. We considered that was likely to be understood by readers to be a reference to the model’s buttocks and had the effect of making that exposed part of her body the focus, thereby drawing attention to the ad.

“The ad also stated ‘Get laid by the best’. We considered ‘get laid’ would be understood by readers as a slang reference to sexual intercourse. We considered that text, together with the model’s pose and state of undress, was sexually suggestive and would be seen as presenting the model as a sexual object.

“We acknowledged that while sunbathing, people might recline on a lawn wearing revealing clothing. However, we considered that in the context of the ad, in particular the references to ‘arse’ and ‘get laid’, the model was portrayed as a sexual object, rather than someone who was sunbathing.

“For those reasons, we concluded that the ad objectified and stereotyped women as sexual objects, was irresponsible and likely to cause serious offence.”

Google Maps

In response to the ruling, the ASA told Great Grass to make sure that any future advertising was ‘socially responsible’ so as to not cause widespread offence.

The ASA said: “Great Grass said it was noteworthy that there had only been three complaints when the ad had been seen by thousands of people. They therefore believed that most people were not offended by the ad, but found it amusing.

“They believed the complaints were generated by people on social media encouraging others who likely had not even seen the ad, to complain about it.

“Great Grass also said that to assume that the person featured in the ad was a woman was wrong and offensive to the transgender community.”

Google Maps

The company responded to the ASA ruling by saying that ‘Get laid by the best’ was a strapline it had used for many years.

Great Grass spoke to the Manchester Evening News, saying: “The ad was a bit of light-hearted fun and not intended to offend anyone. There have been a number of people posting the ad on social media with positive comments.

“We thought with all the problems going on in the world at the moment anything that can bring a smile is a welcome distraction. It is a very busy junction and the ad has been seen by thousands and thousands of people.

“To the three who found it offensive, we apologise. To the fifty odd thousand who found it amusing, sorry it’s got to go.”

Continue Reading

Receive our latest news, events & unique stories

Privacy and data policy

We may earn a commission when you use one of our links to make a purchase

Copyright © 2022 Manchester's Finest Group