Connect with us
https://propermanchester.com.temp.link/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/secret-suppers-advert.jpg

News

Manchester woman given months to live told she is now cancer free

What an amazing story!

Published

on

Granada Reports / ITV News

A woman from Manchester has made a miraculous recovery from cancer after she was given just months to live.

Jasmin David says she feels ‘reborn’ following the incredible news that she is cancer free, after her previous devastating diagnosis.

Doctors told the 51-year-old from Fallowfield that she had less than a year to live after breast cancer spread to her lungs, lymph nodes and chest bone, as per Granada Reports.

However, after taking part in a clinical trial at Manchester’s The Christie Hospital, using experimental medicines, she’s been given the all clear.

Jasmin worked in a care home and was previously fit and healthy, but she became worried when she discovered a lump by her nipple in 2017 – it turned out to be an aggressive triple negative form of breast cancer.

After undergoing six gruelling months of chemotherapy and a mastectomy in April 2018, as well as 15 cycles of radiotherapy, her body was cleared of the cancer.

Sadly the cancer returned in October 2019, with scans showing multiple lesions throughout her body leading to a poor prognosis – following which she took part in the clinical trial, two months later.

Jasmin was given an experimental medicine at The Christie, combined with Atezolizumab – which is an immunotherapy drug – with doctors revealing she now shows no evidence of the disease.

Jasmin told Granada Reports: “At first I had many horrible side effects including headaches and spiking temperatures, so I was in hospital over Christmas and quite poorly. Then thankfully I started to respond well to the treatment.

“I celebrated my 50th birthday in February 2020 while still in the middle of treatment and not knowing what the future held.

“Two and a half years ago I thought it was the end and I now feel like I’ve been reborn.

“There is a change in my life after returning from India to see family in April and I have decided to take early retirement and to live my life in gratitude to God and to medical science.

“My family have been very supportive of this decision. I will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary in September. I have so much to look forward to.

“My Christian faith helped me a lot on this journey and the prayers and support from family and friends gave me strength to face the challenge.”

Gerald England / Geograph

Professor Fiona Thistlethwaite, Medical Oncologist and Clinical Director of Manchester CRF at The Christie, and is leading the study, added: “We are really pleased that Jasmin has had such a good outcome.

“At The Christie we are continually testing new drugs and therapies to see if they can benefit more people.”

Congratulations Jasmin, and all the best in the rest of your recovery!

 

News

Second man arrested after girl, 6, abducted and assaulted

BREAKING: The girl was abducted on Wednesday afternoon

Published

on

A second man has been arrested on suspicion of abducting and sexually assaulting a six-year-old girl in Greater Manchester.

The man remains in custody for questioning, Greater Manchester Police have confirmed.

Previously a thirty-five-year-old man was arrested, but he has since been released with no further action taken.

Officers were first called to reports of an abduction at around 4pm on Wednesday, August 17th. The child was allegedly taken into a wooded area near a disused railway in Droylsden. 

There, the girl was taken to a van where she was sexually assaulted. She was taken back to the woods before managing to find her own way to a nearby park. 

She has since been reunited with her family, and is been supported by specialist officers.

Before his release, the first suspect was questioned by detectives yesterday, who were said to be ‘keeping an open-mind’ as they continued their hunt for another man who had been ‘acting suspiciously’ in the area at the time.

Continue Reading

News

Teen girl who died after getting into difficulty in water is named

BREAKING: The teenager’s body was recovered overnight earlier this week

Published

on

Google Maps

The teenage girl who died after getting into difficulty in a lake in Stalybridge has been named as Lucy Smith.

The fourteen-year-old’s body was recovered from water near Crowswood Drive in Stalybridge after emergency services were called out at around 6:30pm on Monday (August 15th).

Police said the body was recovered overnight and was then formally identified.

A spokesperson for the Manchester South Coroners’ Court has now confirmed that a file in relation to Lucy’s death has been passed to the coroner.

An inquest will open at a later date. Police said they do not believe there were any suspicious circumstances surrounding her death.

Detective Inspector Steven Horton, of GMP’s Tameside CID, said at the time of Lucy’s death: “Yesterday evening’s events are nothing short of devastating and my thoughts are with the friends and family of the young girl who lost her life in such awful circumstances.

“We are doing all we can to support the girl’s family at this incredibly difficult time, and we are focused on ensuring they get the answers they deserve as to how this tragedy occurred.

“From our enquiries so far, we are confident that there are no suspicious circumstances and that this is such a sad reminder of the dangers of entering open water, whatever the weather.”

Continue Reading

News

Man arrested after girl, 6, abducted and assaulted

A second man is still at large

Published

on

Google Maps & GMP

A man has been arrested on suspicion of abducting and sexually assaulting a six-year-old girl in Droylsden, though the hunt for another man continues.

Police were first called to reports of an abduction at around 4pm yesterday (August 17th). They believe the girl was taken by a man on Warne Avenue and into a wooded area near the disused railway track towards Manchester Road.

There, the girl was taken to a van where she was sexually assaulted. She was taken back to the woods before managing to find her own way to a nearby park. 

She has since been reunited with her family, and is been supported by specialist officers.

Last night, Greater Manchester Police announced that a thirty-five-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of abduction and sexual assault.

He was taken into custody to be questioned by detectives, who are ‘keeping an open-mind’ and continuing to hunt for another man who was ‘acting suspiciously’ in the area at the time.

Police released two pictures of the man, with the second image showing him on Gainsborough Road, heading towards The Snipe with his jacket removed around thirty minutes after the incident.

Anyone who sees the man should call 999, quoting incident 2270 of 17/08/2022. Other details – including sightings on CCTV, dash cam, or doorbell footage – can be passed to police via the LiveChat facility on the website or by calling 0161 856 9262.

Continue Reading

Receive our latest news, events & unique stories

Privacy and data policy

We may earn a commission when you use one of our links to make a purchase

Copyright © 2022 Manchester's Finest Group