Seven years on from their split, The Wanted have announced that they’re officially back together with a new album in the works.
According to reports, the British-Irish pop band, who formed in 2009, are making a massive comeback and will release their greatest hits later this month. The band will also perform together for the first time at Tom Parker’s Stand Up To Cancer gig next week.
Parker, thirty-three, said: “It feels amazing it is quite nice to be able to do something that is not related to treatment, it is like nothing has ever changed.”
Nathan Sykes, twenty-eight, added about the single: “It is really good, we are really excited. It was really nice doing it in the studio, Jay and Siva recorded in the US and us three recorded it over here. It is lovely being back together.”
The band also released a video to coincide with the announcement on Instagram, writing: “Here we go!! We are MEGA excited to announce that we are BACK and will be releasing our Greatest Hits Album on November 12th!! We’ll also be performing LIVE at the @royalalberthall as part of @tomparkerofficial ‘Inside My Head’ concert. It’s been far too long… Let’s do this!”
This comes after Parker revealed that there had been a ‘significant reduction’ in the size of his brain tumour, which he was diagnosed with last year.
He wrote on Instagram: “These are the words I received today, and I can’t stop saying them over and over again. I had an MRI scan on Tuesday and my results today were a significant reduction to the tumour and I am responding well to treatment.”
Thanking doctors and nurses for their dedication despite COVID-19, he went on: “I can’t thank our wonderful NHS enough. You’re all having a tough time out there, but we appreciate the work you are all doing on the front line.”
Make sure to follow their official Instagram page to stay posted with updates.
Aitch says men are ‘hiding’ from liking plus-size women following music video backlash
The presence of plus-size women in his new music video sparked a barrage of hateful comments and messages
Aitch had some strong words for those who fat shamed the women used in the music video for his new single, ‘Learning Curve.’
Following its release at the end of last month, the music video quickly became a talking point for a scene where Aitch can be seen laying on a bed with six curvy women in their underwear.
While many applauded the Mancunian rapper for using plus-size models, there were sadly a barrage of hateful comments regarding the size of the women used.
The rapper, from New Moston, slammed the people who made hurtful comments about the plus-sized women in his video, admitting that they were ‘hard to witness.’
Discussing why he chose plus-size models on Spotify’s Who We Be TALKS podcast, he said: “That’s my vibe, if you listen to a couple of my songs and previous lines, certain bars, I reference it, and I know other people do like fuller figures.
“I think it’s a thing where people don’t want to admit it, and I’ve seen a few things where girls have said, ‘Oh guys just want to do one night with us and never date us’.”
He then weighed in on the backlash, saying: “All the negative stuff was mad to see; obviously, rappers get hate all the time, but it was a lot, and it was also sh*t to see men hating on girls that much, it’s hard to witness.
“If you’re going to comment and say that this tune is sh*t, then that’s fine, say no more, you can do, but why are you going to comment about a girl.”
Aitch went on to say that those hating on the models were actually ‘hiding’ from the fact that they like plus size girls.
He added: “However, I also found out after I posted that picture how many men behind-the-scenes low-key like plus-size girls, and how many were hiding from it.”
If you’ve experienced bullying and want to seek help or speak to someone in confidence, you can find your nearest service on the Manchester City Council website.
Noel Gallagher says Oasis album with never-before-heard music was scrapped after disagreement with Liam
The album was believed to feature never-before-heard music and covers from the band
Noel Gallagher has – quite unsurprisingly – revealed that an Oasis Greatest Hits album was scrapped thanks to a disagreement with his brother, Liam.
Now it’s no secret that there’s no love lost between the long-feuding brothers – Oasis split back in 2009 and over a decade on, they continue to take pops at each other in the press, with no sign of an emotional makeup reunion on the cards just yet.
Their animosity for one another began in the early Oasis days, with many reports claiming their big fall out initially kicked off in 1994 while touring the US.
During one of their gigs in LA, Liam apparently changed the lyrics to their track ‘Live Forever’ from, ‘Maybe I don’t really wanna know how your garden grows’ to ‘Maybe I don’t really wanna know why you pick your nose’, just to annoy Noel.
Liam is also said to have whacked Noel over the head with an instrument on that same night, as well as insulting fans at the gig.
Obviously, his behaviour didn’t impress Noel, who actually quit Oasis shortly after to make a point (spoiler: he rejoined the band a couple of weeks later after a change of heart).
But the seed had been sown, and, during that same year, they did that iconic interview with NME, which saw the magazine follow them on the road and recorded how often they told each other to ‘f*** off.’
Even following the discontinuation of Oasis, the brothers’ relationship hasn’t fared much better, with them continuing to make public jibes towards one another even today.
And the latest instance took place just last week, with Noel dishing some serious dirt on his brother once again.
In a new interview, the High Flying Birds founder and frontman placed the blame on Liam for the collapse of a potential Oasis Greatest Hits album, which was set to feature never-before-heard music and covers from the band.
He told Record Collector Magazine: “You know that ‘Don’t Stop’ demo we put up? We had planned to do an Oasis best of the 2000s because it’s a period of Oasis that the masses are not interested in but for the actual fans there’s some great tunes.
“With ‘Don’t Stop’ it was like, ‘Well people are f****** floundering, put that out, the fans will love it.’ Well, we did this best of and the bonus disc was gonna be all these unreleased songs.
“But, ha, unfortunately we couldn’t agree on something and it got dropped by the wayside.”
The greatest hits LP was reportedly set to include covers of ‘Eleanor Rigby’ and ‘It’s All Too Much’ by The Beatles and feature guitar hero Johnny Marr.
Noel added: “There was this box in the cupboard under the stairs with all these blank CDs in.
“I went, ‘Right, today I’m going to fucking take that’. I’m putting on these CDs and I found a load of old Oasis stuff, like songs I’d never recorded but demoed. I’m going, ‘No fucking way’.
“There’s a great version of ‘Eleanor Rigby’, a punk version, and an amazing version of ‘It’s All Too Much’ we did on the day George died. Johnny Marr’s on it. I’d forgotten all about it. It was just the backing track. Liam hadn’t gotten round to doing the vocals.”
Ian Brown steps down as festival headliner over Covid vaccine dispute
‘I will NEVER sing to a crowd who must be vaccinated as a condition of attendance’
Ian Brown has confirmed he’s stepping down from headlining a festival later this year, saying he ‘refuses to accept vaccination proof as condition of entry’.
The Stone Roses frontman was meant to be headlining this year’s Neighbourhood Weekender festival, a three day event over in Warrington.
The festival announced yesterday, Wednesday March 3rd, that it had been rescheduled, and is now taking place at Victoria Park on the weekend of September 3rd-5th.
It said: “Following the recent government announcement we are moving Neighbourhood Weekender to Friday 3, Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 September 2021.”
Brown was originally meant to be headlining on Saturday, but has now been replaced by James, with the singer sharing the news on his Twitter.
He wrote: “My Saturday night headline show at NHBD Weekender Festival will now not happen! I refuse to accept vaccination proof as condition of entry. Refunds are available!”
Just last week, on February 26th, Brown took to Twitter to say that he would ‘never sing to a crowd who must be vaccinated as a condition of attendance.’
NBHD Weekender also confirmed that Brown would no longer be performing, before telling fans that a decision regarding vaccination passports had not been made yet.
The event added that it would comply with any safety restrictions that are announced by the government.
It said: “We want to assure ticket holders and those about to buy tickets for NBHD Weekender, like all festivals this summer, we will comply with the conditions outlined by the Government through the Local Authority.
“No decisions will be taken by Government until June 21 at the earliest. We are working with other festival organisers and look forward to a safe return to open-air events this summer.”